Pages

Friday, February 26, 2021

Another Maker's Mart KOM Completed

Hurrah! Maker's Mart KOM-005 has been completed and removed from my pile of kits to do. This kit came with the dies, layered chipboard sentiments, wooden frames, ribbons, and other bling to use along with the usual papers, cardstock and cards/envelopes. There were no stamps with this kit and it appears that most of the older sets didn't have sentiment stamps. This was another challenge for me to use just what was in the kit. I did add a button and some sequins (for the shaker card) and I did make a couple of die cut flowers from a die in my stash. Everything else was kit only. 

I think this is getting a little bit easier as I pushed through this kit. These are far from the drop dead gorgeous cards I see everyone else make, but, hey - one needs to start somewhere, right? My largest struggle with this kit was the paper. I thought they were ugly and tried my best to make them a little more appealing to use. Overall, I think I did OK, but nothing to write home about - but maybe, just maybe, they may brighten someone's day. 
 

No comments: