Pages

Monday, February 15, 2021

Hubby's Valentine Card

Now that it's past Valentine's Day, I can post the card I made for Hubby. I had purchased some decoupage sheets from White Rose Crafts LLC and had a lot of fun putting a few of them together a little while ago. I had no idea what I was going to do with them at the time of purchase, so I put them aside for another time. 

On Saturday, I came across the box that held the finished decoupage items and a lightbulb went on. I pulled out the past Valentine's day card kits from Simon Says Stamp (from 2019) and found the perfect pattern papers and sentiment. I used an ink square from Brutus Monroe in the color Rouge and a piece of cardstock from one of his Inspiration Boxes. I added a few Dew Drops that I also purchased from Brutus Monroe. Overall, I'm quite pleased how the card turned out. 

The card photo was taken on a black background. The colors are accurate. The background is a pink and cream color and the red needs more like a country red - not a bright red. It's too bad that the layers really don't show up in this photo. It really is neat!

No comments: