Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Combined Card Challenges

I haven't made a card in a long time. Mostly because of a lack of place to make them. Since everyone is now working at home, it made it hard to try to craft. I have been knitting and crocheting as well as a little beadwork over the past year, but trying to lay things out and doing piecework is difficult. This year, we are slowly working on a crafting space for me in the basement. I now have a table and need to put together some shelves - but I have a table and I can let things sit until I can return!!! Such luxury!

My first card was a sketch challenge from Sunday Stamps combined with The Card Concept Challenge #148 {Sweetheart Sweets}. I needed the inspiration and a starting point. It's been a while since I made a card from scratch so I decided to make a Valentine card for my son. I used things from my stash so I can't list the exact names of papers, etc., just where they came from. (Please note: the black background is not part of the card).

Supplies: 

  • Sprinkles Background - Simon Says Stamp Feb '19 KOM
  • Sparkle paper - Christmas wrapping paper
  • Chocolate looking paper - Kaiser Krafts
  • Candy Box Stamp - Brutus Monroe Stamp of the Month
  • Sparkle Heart stickers - Brutus Monroe Inspiration Box
  • Ink - Brutus Monroe Inspiration Box - Rouge
  • Prism Art Colored Pencils
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
This was a really fun challenge to do and here's the sketch I had to work with:


Sunday Stamps posts a new challenge every fortnight, so I'm hoping to be participating more. If you would like to join in on the fun, just hop on over to their blog for more information.

The Card Concept Challenge posted a photo and the photo is to inspire your design. 


For me, the colors were perfect and it was centered around delicious sweets, so that was the color inspiration for me. I went with what I think was the Shabby Chic and Vintage style. For me, these two challenges went together perfectly!!! If you'd like to try your hand at this type of challenge, you can visit their site here.

8 comments:

StampinwithAnita said...

Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept! Such a creative card and we are honored that one of your few creations was submitted to our challenge!

Karen Letchworth said...

Such a lovely card. I saw it at The Card Concept. It's great. You are always welcome to play along with us here as well:
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Have a great week!
Karen

tweezle said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Anita. I really enjoyed the challenge and I can't wait for the next one!!

tweezle said...

Thank you, Karen!! I visited Word Art Wednesday and I'm going to try to squeeze an entry by the deadline today. Hope I can make it! :D

Heather said...

Yummy and chocolately - a very sweet card! Love your playful coloring! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

tweezle said...

Thank you for such a nice compliment, Heather. I certainly enjoyed the challenge and will be playing again!

Heidi Baks said...

Fun card! I love the cracked "chocolate" background as well as the sprinkles. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

This is such a fun Valentine! I love the background and all the sprinkles! Makes me want a piece of candy! LOL! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!