Pages

Friday, March 12, 2021

Scrap Card Using Sheet Load of Cards Guide

I really struggled with the older kits from Maker's Mart. I'm not sure why - maybe I just don't envision the cards with the supplies given. I have some leftover scraps from KOM-005 and as I think I said before, I disliked one of the papers. I saw call me Crafty Al's latest Sheet Load of Cards video and thought I'd try it with that paper. I was very pleased how the card turned out. It made the paper look  good on the card! 

Materials used:

  • Paper: Maker's Mart
  • Paper : Celebrations Stampin' Up
  • Cardstock: Neenah Solar White
  • Cardstock: Neenah Creative Collections
  • Embellishments: Dew Drops
  • Ephemera: Spellbinders Watercolor
  • Ink: Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
I finished 2 more kits - one from Maker's Mart and one from Spellbinders that I'll be posting in the near future (when time allows). I still need to photograph the finished items. Both of these are older kits that are now out of my stash. 

I signed up for #CardsforCubs2021 at bearly.art. They are collecting cards throughout March for foster children and will distribute them in May for Foster Care Awareness Month. If you are interested in donating some cards, you can sign up at Bearly Art and pledge even just one card to donate to this cause. Deadline to mail the cards is March 31st. Currently, I'm 3 away from my pledge amount. I am hoping to get more finished and then can go in and change the total when I send the lot. I'm having a great time doing these cards, as I have no children to make cards for. It's a win-win situation as I get to create and use my stash and hopefully brighten a child's life just a tiny bit.


No comments: