Pages

Monday, March 15, 2021

Wooly Lucky Llama

It's that time to do a challenge. I saw Simon Says Stamp has an "Add Some Green" challenge for their Monday challenge, so I thought I'd squeak under the wire with a card made from their Wooly Lucky Stamp set. I love the Llama and the sayings that come with it. I really don't have a lot of green on the card, but it was fun to make. It's done in a clean and simple style and I decided to keep the focus strictly on the llama, so I stamped the sentiment on the inside. The Llama is colored with alcohol markers.

My color choices were inspired by the Inspiration Challenge #150 "The Luck of the Irish" by Card Concept. The whites, yellows, green and the hat - well, it's all here in my Clean and Simple style Wooly Llama card - all the way down to the envelopes. I got the pearlized gold envelope from Simon Says Stamp. (I'm not sure if it's still available). I love the inspiration challenges because they give me a nice color palate to work with. I'm terrible with putting colors together, but the challenge really helps me. 


I have never really tried a Clean and Simple style card, and I was inspired by the following 2 challenges:

Stamplorations is new to me. I was looking for adding some stamps to my small collection and came across their website and their challenge. Their challenge focuses on dark green and mint green. I used them in the colors on the llama and the border. 


CASology has their challenge theme as Luck - and what's more lucky than a Wooly Lucky Llama? From his hat to his blanket, he's covered in green and shamrocks, so he's certainly a poster llama for luck. 


I made 3 of the Llama cards and had so much fun doing them and the challenges. They are on their way to their new homes and hope the recipients enjoy them as much as I did making them.

Materials used:

  • Simon Says Stamp Wooly Lucky Stamp Set
  • Scrapbook.com Premium Hybrid Ink - Black
  • VigorFun Alcohol Markers 
  • Simon Says Stamp Tacky Glue
  • DCWV Cardstock
  • Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock
  • Neenah Solar White Cardstock

8 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Love this St. Patrick's Day celebrating llama! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

Julie Gearinger said...

So cute! Love your sweet little llama as well as the CAS design- thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

tweezle said...

Thank you for your kind words, Jacquie! I had so much fun putting this guy together.

tweezle said...

Thank you so much, Julie. I love playing at Card Concept. I find it so interesting trying to match colors with my stash. So much fun!!!

Kim S said...

What a cute little guy! So beautifully colored. Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

tweezle said...

Thank you so much for such a nice compliment!

Deepti Stephens said...

Very cute! Thank you for playing with us at CASology :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

He sure worked well for all the challenges! Super fun CAS card - Thanks for joining in at STAMP CAS