Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Test Knit and Happy Mail

From Catherine at Creative Ewe
Aren't they gorgeous??!!

Yesterday morning, I found a surprise in the mailbox - a nice squishy package addressed to me from Catherine at Creative Ewe Yarn Shop. Catherine has a wonderful YouTube channel that I love and look forward to. Her projects and her conversational style keeps me coming back again and again. Her videos are done in a style that feels like you are sitting at the table with her and having a cuppa while enjoying a nice conversation about all kinds of things from home, to family, to knitting and crocheting. Well, one day, I commented on her video and the next thing I know is that I found an email from her asking for my addy because she had something to send me. Boy did she send me something, too!!! In the package was 2 skeins of Mariquita! They are sooo soft and the colors are to die for. Each skein has 400 yards of the most luxurious 50/50 blend of baby alpaca and tencel. I have been oooh-ing and aaaaah-ing over it ever since it arrived. Now, to find the perfect pattern for them. 

On the needles:

I am currently working on a test knit for Nadia Bugakova. It's a lovely cabled pixie style hat that I'm really enjoying working on. Right now, it's slow going, not because of the design, but because my arthritis has decided to make knitting difficult. I will make the deadline, but really should have been done by now. Make sure to hop on over to Nadia's Etsy shop to if you'd love a digital download of this hat. It is just as awesome.

Peak Cable Hat in progress

I'm working on the worsted weight version of the Peak Cable Hat using Lion Brand Lion Wool in the Rose colorway. I'm using 16" circular needles in 4.5mm and 5mm as well as a cable needle. The rabbit stitch marker is from Kristie at Teadoddles. I bought one of her Mini-Mini Maker Club that was offered inher Etsy shop and that was included in it. I LOVE her Maker Bags. I'll have to show the ones I have from her in a future post. You will definitely be hearing more about Kristie and her new quarterly club that I joined this year. I can't wait to receive my first shipment!!! (and no - it's not yarn!)


No comments: