Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Last Year's Orders Trickle In

 

Gorgeous bulky yarn from Southern Skeins

I had done a test knit for Jenna from Southern Skeins last month. It was a lovely and easy hat pattern that used her Southern Bulky line. I ordered the yarn from her to use in the test but unfortunately, the household came down with an illness and the yarn didn't get sent in time. That was ok, as I dug into my stash and found something that would work. I know it wasn't the gorgeous Joyous colorway that is pictured above, but I was still pleased with the outcome. The yarn arrived today and oh is it beautiful! Such a bright and cherry colorway and the yarn is soooo SOFT! It is a 100 gram skein of 110 yards of a heavenly soft blend of 80% super wash Merino wool and 20% nylon and now begs to be used - and soon! She also sent me a bag, a sachet of Stash tea in Cinnamon Vanilla and a lovely stitch marker plus a note thanking me for testing! How lovely is that?!!!

Rip-It Rip-It Hat

The Rip-It Rip It Hat that is in the above photo, it the test knit I did for Jenna. You can go to Ravelry and download the pattern for free. There, you will see the hat in the Joyous colorway in all it's bright, squishy and cheerful glory. Isn't that yarn gorgeous knitted up in that hat on the pattern?!! My hat above is an unnamed mill-end and just doesn't have the same effect. I added pom pom to give it a little more color and I think it turned out quite nicely.

No comments: