Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

New Year, New Challenges

 


Although January 1st is just another day without a calendar to mark its importance, there's something satisfying and almost mystical to think about a new year and a new beginning. Each year, my last week of the December is spent reflecting and looking at my goals list to see what I had accomplished, what I didn't get done, and deciding what I would like to roll over to the next year. Most of the time, I will roll all of the goals I didn't meet, but I do find things that won't make the cut because of life changes. Births, deaths, marriages, divorces, illnesses, moving away etc. all have an impact. Since life likes to get in the way (quite a bit I should say) I make goals and not resolutions. To me, they are much more realistic and I don't feel guilty if I don't make that goal, as there is always next year.

The goals this year are not much different than any other year. There will be a few changes - and these are bit more significant than my list from years past, so I will list them here:

  • Hubby and I will be planting a decent size garden which means a lot more work both in the garden and putting it up.
  • I'll be challenging myself to learn new skills in different crafting areas, including knitting, crochet, leatherwork, sewing, jewelry making, embroidery, paper crafting, etc
  • I have a few adult pant-by-numbers I want to do. I got them for a Christmas present for myself. 
  • I will be attempting to sew some much needed project bags
  • Now- the biggie... No more yarn purchases. I really, really need to use my stash up. I will put an exception in, and that is I may have to purchase something if my daughter requests something special. She has done that in the past, so... 
  • I am going to be working on donations throughout the year. Since I will be working on my knitting and crochet skills, I'll be working the special techniques on hats, mitts, etc., so this way I can practice my skills and create some lovely donation items. 
  • I need to smash some paper pads and supplies and get some cards made. I am planning on once again donating some cards to the #cardsforcubs program that Bearly Arts collects for every year. 
  • I'll be creating a herb study journal. I'm waiting for my journal to arrive from Amazon.
That should be enough to keep me busy for the year. I do find it funny when people complain about being bored - especially with this time of being limited on what we can and cannot do as well as limited travel. I don't have enough time in the day to get everything done, let alone be bored. LOL

Do you have any plans for this year?

No comments: