Pages

Friday, July 31, 2026

Purging and Finishing

 For years, I have said that I was going to get rid of all the kids things that they didn't want or take when they left. For years, I have held on to their things. Why? Maybe they would change their mind and want some of the memories that some things hold. Well, I was wrong. The things were just left behind. My daughter said to throw everything away and treat them as abandoned. My son, at least he is a little more kind and goes through them and takes what he really, really wants. He more sentimental, to a point. Well, I've decided it's been long enough and am finally purging the things that aren't necessary to hang on to. It's really just stuff, right? So why is it hard to let some things go?

While I have been purging things, I came across a bunch of projects I had put aside for one reason or another, be it my lack of understanding instructions, put aside because I had another item that needed priority attention, or just was not fond of working on the piece/pattern. Those projects are now getting the attention they need to be finished and out of the storage closet. 

"Let Them Go""

My first knitting finish was a pair of socks that I had started last year. I only had half of the foot and toe on one and a toe on the other. The pattern wasn't hard, but for some reason I really struggled with the foot. I wasn't sure if I had done the first foot correctly, so I just stopped to mull over the directions. That mulling lasted a year! But they are done and out of the "to finish" pile - finally. 

No comments: