Every year I try to do something I've never done before. I love learning new to me skills, or at least brush up on the old ones. This year, I decided I was going to quilt something. I, at first, subscribed to the Mrs. Quilty boxes, but that didn't last long for me. I found it to be fun, but I found some of the projects and fabrics were not my taste. I did enjoy receiving them though. These were all from the first box. I still have a couple more to things from the box to make.
I had a lot of fun doing these projects and found so many more things to sew. Now to just find the time. Now that the kids are grown, we are in the planning and process of making their rooms into an office and sewing/craft room. My daughter is coming from the west coast to visit next week and after she leaves, the make-overs will begin.
I'm also downsizing everything and donating and cleaning out stuff. The kids left a ton of stuff and then everything I inherited from family needs gone through and rehomed. Daughter doesn't want any of it, and son is particular with what he wants. I just want to get through everything so there is less for them to deal with when we pass on. It's better that they get what they want now anyhow.
I'm starting to put meals and mixes up in jars. It's always so nice to go to the panty and pull out something that won't take long to whip up on those days when I don't have the time to make a proper meal. I used up everything I had put up before, so this year, I'm going to expand things. I'm trying to make as much of our groceries as possible. I found by doing this, it not only saves money but things taste so much better than store bought!




No comments:
Post a Comment