Pages

Monday, July 20, 2020

Trinket Earrings On Hold

I accidentally stumbled across a FANTASTIC blog that has tons of free beading patterns. I was so thrilled with what I found, that I had to start reading her blog from the beginner. If you're interested in beading or just seeing gorgeous jewelry, you really need to visit Linda's Crafty Inspirations! She has posted so many lovely projects - and not just beading. It really is worth the visit. 

While on Linda's blog, she had shared a project she had made using a free pattern from another website called Deb Roberti's Around the Beading Table. Oh my! This is another source for free as well as paid beading patterns and another place that has a wealth of information. I spent another few hours on Deb's site and found many patterns I want to make. Unfortunately, with just starting out, I don't have a lot of beads yet, so I combed through the site looking for something I could make.

Trinket Earrings progress
I came across a lovely pair of earrings called Trinket Earrings that I wanted to try and had beads I thought would be appropriate to substitute since I didn't have any 4mm pearls. I thought I had everything as I had jump rings, the fish hooks, thread and needle as well as beads I picked out to test to see if I could truly substitute different colors and beads and make them look good together. I was beading along when I went to put the jump ring on and found that I didn't have any 4mm jump rings! UGH!!! So I had to set the earrings aside and order some from Michael's. We have to run to town tomorrow, so we'll do a curbside pick-up then. 

I'm using:
  • Black Wildfire .006 thread
  • Size 12 needle
  • 11/0 Miyuki Seed Beads - Gold
  • 4mm Cryistal bicone beads - Marine Blue Iris
  • 4mm Faceted Glass beads - Aqua

This is a very simple pattern and I was really enjoying it. Sadly, I had to stop. I really can't wait to finish these. I think they will turn out nicely - even with my own color choices!!


No comments: