Pages

Monday, July 27, 2020

Cherry Blossom Earrings

One of my favorite places to find tutorials is at Potomac Beads. They have very detailed videos that will walk you step-by-step on how to make all different types of projects. There are hundreds of videos on their YouTube channel.

While browsing the different channels, I came across an earlier subscription box that had the pattern for the Cherry Blossom Earrings. I was absolutely fascinated by them and really wanted to learn how to make them. I went to their site and found that they had a video tutorial, list of all the materials needed, so I immediately ordered the petal beads to make them. I love the options for these earrings – besides the tutorial, they also have kits, a written pattern as well as the past bead box all for purchase.

As soon as the beads arrived (they are really quick to ship!), I dropped everything and beaded my little heart out. In no time at all, I had a new pair of earrings!

Materials used
  • 8x7mm Czech Rose Petals “Metallic Mix” 
  • 11/0 Miyuki Seed Beads – unknown – mint colorway 
  • 15/0 Miyuki Seed Beads – unknown – Potomic Beads #77060 
  • 6mm flat earring posts 
  • .006 Wildfire white thread 
  • Beading Needle size 12 
The seed beads came from the July Best Bead Box XL from Potomac Beads. They were the leftovers from the Bonnet Bracelet “kit” that was included in the box. The earrings were quite easy, but a little fussy when putting the first petals on and trying to keep the post, petals and beads all together. It gets easier after the first 2-3 petals. I love that there’s no glue or anything except thread, beads and posts. So cool!!!



No comments: