Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2019

December - My Time for Reflection and Planning Ahead

I cannot believe it is already December! The year has gone by so quickly - where has it gone?! I swear it was just yesterday that I was waiting for the rains to stop so I could plant my garden (which didn't happen!) Now I'm waiting for seed catalogs to plan for the coming year!

For most, December is a time of rushing and getting ready for Christmas, yet for me, it is a time to reflect and think about how things can be improved for next year. My last week will be looking at my list of goals that I made last year, seeing what I accomplished and planning a list for next year.

I like the relaxing atmosphere of not having to worry about Christmas. There was a time I was hugely upset that we no longer celebrated it, but I've come to a realization that it's nothing more than a consumer nightmare. Yes, I still give gifts to those that celebrate, but I no longer feel pressured. That is just what I need at this age.

Speaking of age - I've finally come to the realization that my body and mind are no longer the same age. My mind thinks it's much younger than my body knows it is. Getting hurt 2 almost 2 years ago made me realize I need to slow down. (And believe me - it took almost those 2 years of healing to come to terms with that!) Things don't get done as quickly, and that's OK. I don't need to be Superwoman any more!  The funny part of that is, I do a little each day and it seems I'm getting more done. Then again, maybe not.

No comments: