Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Busy And Productive Week

Frugal Friday


We have been contemplating moving for quite a long while. With DH's job being unpredictable, he has been looking for employment elsewhere. He found a job that he's very qualified for, but we are now sitting on the fence wondering if he should apply and move out of state, or if we should stay and see if he stays employed. If we move, we are going to end up with a mortgage - something we no longer have. We have dug our way out of debt, and wonder if this is the time to jump back in it. The economy scares me, and the last thing I want is a mortgage looming over my head. However, if DH loses his job, we are in another predictament. Ohhhh, what's a body to do? I'm really leaning towards staying here and deal with a job loss if it comes.

Until then, I'm working on stretching DH's hard earned check. I have some pretty decent savings to report.

CVS (Our store has been a bit of a disappointment this month- they're not getting things in to restock. Some things like the Softsoap SPA has not been in all month! It looks like I'll be missing that one. Bummer. We were looking forward to trying it.) With all that said, here's my CVS savings for the week:

Speedstitck 24/7 Deodorant
2 bottles CVS Vitamin C 500 mg. 100 ct.
6 boxes Kleenex tissues 120 ct.
2 bottles Herbal Essence Shampoo
1 box Pepcid Ez Chews 25ct.

After coupons ($7), a CVS kickout on vitamins ($2) and ECB's ($14), my total OOP was $3.63. I also have a $5.50 rebate from Pepcid, so my final cost... I made $1.87 (actually, $1.46 after postage to send the rebate out). I also received 8.99 in ECB's for the next trip!!!

Rite Aid shopping trip

Advil PM
SanDisk 1GB
Oral B Cross Action Toothbrush
Just for Men Touch of Gray Hail Color
Jane Be Pure Mineral Make Up
2 Stayfree Maxi Pads
2 Nature's Bounty Flex-A-Min
Duracell Batteries AAA 12 ct.
Dove Ultra Clear Deodorant
Dove Body Mist
Renuzit Pearl Scents
Renuzit Super Odor Nutralizer Spray

Total OOP after coupons ($21.99) was $68.32. Total after 1 check rebate is: $25.37. I also have $8.00 in rebates for a final cost of $17.37. Not bad for $90.31 worth of items! This whole haul was less than what we paid for the last memory card we purchased for my DD's camera last year!

There are still a few things I want to get at Rite Aid before the One Check rebate runs out for this month. They are supposed to restock today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the things I want will be available tonight.

Shopping has become quite fun again!! :)

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

You did a great job! I agree about CVS--I was very disappointed they didn't have the Softsoap Spa in stock, since it was FAR and there was also a coupon for it.

You sure have a big 'life's decision' to make. I know what you feel like. My husband and I were going to invest in a little retirement cottage. My son would have lived in it for a few years until we were ready for it, paying the mortgage in lieu of rent. But the more my husband thought about it, the more he worried because of the way the economy is. Heaven forbid my son lost his job (he has a good job as a computer programmer), then the burden of a second mortgage to pay would be on us, and we sure couldn't handle that. So we've decided to wait it out until my husband really retires.
We, at least, have the option of waiting a few years. It doesn't sound like you do. But it wouldn't hurt to at least apply for the job, would it? He could always say 'no.' And have you checked the place where you would be living? You might find mortgages there are very reasonable. Just don't come here to Long Island, LOL--you'd choke if you knew what we pay in property taxes. As we get older, the oil bills get higher each winter, Florida is looking pretty good.
I guess the best advice is to take it one step at a time, and start by just sending in the paperwork. Then go on line and find out everything you can about the new place to live. I wish you all the luck. I'm willing to bet the ECBs in my wallet that, scary as it is, change will be for the better!